I hope you had the most amazing Hallowe'en - I love this time of year, the leaves turn amber, and the carved pumpkins come out, it really has that 'Hygge' Feel! - I can't help but notice how different halloween is now compared to when I was young, particularly the costumes!
I was a 90's kid, and loved every moment! But my halloween consisted of:
- carved TURNIPS (god knows how my mam carved these out, i've only realised now that im a adult how hard that must of been, they literally have the consistency of a rock! Hats off to you mam!)
-Plastic hats with some sort of strange green wig attached to it. (...also very sparce, probably due to the fact they only cost a quid)
- A Bamboo wooden twig type of broom, this was pretty cool, I loved mine and kept it for years, eventually the bamboo ended up splitting and it became a wand!
- £1 cream halloween makeup with very little colour pigment (Or too much if it was the fake blood, that would never come off)
- These push on, glow in the dark witch fingers, with red pointy nails - they also made your fingers sweat due to the plastic - I mean I didn't even know finger sweat was a thing, but it is!
- And my grand finale, was a plastic garbage bag - yep a actual bin bag, my mum used to cut triangular shapes into the bottom for the skirt and a hole in the top for my head, effective and cheap (Also waterproof)
So now when I see these amazing costumes I laugh at the flash back of me in my little bin bag and sweaty fingers, and you know what? I wouldn't change it for the world!